Building Trust with the DISC styles, the high “C” style…
Trust is the foundation of any relationship and the first level in the Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team model. Trust is hard to buid, but easy to lose. One of the keys to building trust is understanding others’ expectations and how our behavior impacts trust.
The DISC model provides a great resource to better understand how behaviors impact trust. We will take a look at each of the DISC factors (D=dominance, I=Influence, S=Steadiness and C=Conscientious) and how to build trust with each. If you need to learn more about DISC, request to download the e-book here. Not sure what your style scores are, request a free DISC assessment.
To build trust with a high “C” style person, keep these things in mind:
- Know the stuff or don’t talk about it, no faking it
- Back it up with proof
- Connect the dots, logical process and steps
- Don’t rush, make sure it is accurate
- Do it right the first time
- Aim, aim, aim, aim shoot
- Explain in detail, ensure clarity
- Take nothing for granted
- Don’t assume
- Follow-up, follow-through and circle-back
- Minimize emotion and energy, keep your cool
- Proof and the proven are the best
Order the Five Behaviors Take-away Cards and get this DiSC Trust information plus applying DiSC to conflict, commitment, accountability and results. Take-with-you tips for leveraging and adapting your style and improving in each area of the teams model. Order today.